KEY DATES FOR SUMMER SESSION
- Deadline for intern requests: 3/27/15
- MAT Internship Committee Interviews: 3/28/2015
- Employers informed of intern candidates: 4/1/15
- Agency interviews and placement: April-May 2015
- Internship duration: May – August 2015
- Candidates must be of African American, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, Latino, Native American or Native Alaskan descent.
- Current college or university enrollment as a junior, senior or Masters candidate.
- Recent graduates may apply if their graduation date is no more than 6 months from the application session.
- Candidates must have a 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA to apply for the program.
INTERNSHIP SELECTION PROCESS
- Each application will be reviewed by the MAT Board of Directors and select applicants will be chosen to participate in the interview process.
- Applicants who are chosen for the interview process will be interviewed by at least one member of the MAT interview committee. All candidates are interviewed on the same day at the same location.
- Interviews are designed to help us determine an applicant's qualifications and to identify the best internship opportunity based on a candidate's skill set and areas of interest.
- Once the interviews are complete select interns will be matched with participating agencies that best suit the needs of both the agency and the candidate. Please note that candidates are not automatically placed with an internship until the agency has conducted their own round of interviews. Agencies make the final decision on placing candidates.
For additional questions please contact email@example.com or 310-823-7320 ext 221. Emails are preferred.
- All interns are paid at a rate of $10/hour.
- All un-paid interns must receive school credit.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Interns are paid directly by the company that they are interning with.
- Interns must work a minimum of 20 hours per week during the internship period.
- Internships lasts roughly 13 consecutive weeks from the start date.
- Start and end dates are ultimately determined by the intern and the agency.
Q: How many hours can the intern work?
A: We request that interns work no more than 40 hours per week. Each intern will be available a minimum of 20 hours. Internship run for a minimum of 13 weeks.
Q: Am I guaranteed an intern?
A: No. Interns are screened and matched according to intern request. If there are no suitable candidates that meet our standards, we will inform as soon as possible.
Q: Will I get more than one intern to choose from?
A: If there is more than one qualified candidate that meets your requires, we will present them to you.
Q: Do I have a to pay my intern?
A: Yes. A minimum of $10/hour is required for MAT interns. You may pay them more.
Q: Are there any additional placement fees for the internship program?
A: There is a suggested donation of $500 per application for each intern request. This fee is not mandatory, but greatly appreciated. Funds raised go to support the MAT Program, a 501c3.
Q: Who do I contact with questions?